Maxwell & McIntyre’s Coconut Oil Toothpaste harnesses the fantastic qualities of organic coconut and peppermint oil to make this great toothpaste. It is 100% natural.
It is non-foaming and a little salty compared to conventional toothpastes because Maxwell & McIntyre’s does not contain foaming agents, artificial sweeteners and other nasty chemicals. Yay! Maxwell & McIntyre’s will leave your mouth truly refreshed with a clear, neutral palate and squeaky clean teeth.
This Coconut Oil Toothpaste is hand-made with:
- organic, cold pressed virgin coconut oil significantly reduces plaque and acts as a natural cleansing agent for the teeth and gums
- peppermint oil has antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties which makes it great for the mouth as well as tasting great too
- baking soda is a very mild abrasive, helping in cleaning and whitening teeth, neutralizing acids in plaque, and freshens breath
- aniseed oil naturally enhances flavour
- xylitol is a plant derived sweetener which has been proven to reduce the formation of dental caries
- calcium carbonate gives the paste a creamy texture, acts as a mild abrasive and introduces calcium to the body and saliva
To apply, each jar of our Coconut Oil Toothpaste comes with a bamboo scoop. Use a soft toothbrush and no water when using, take your time brushing, then rinse with warm water.
Why Coconut Oil Toothpaste Works
Coconut Oil is antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal! Studies have shown that coconut oil destroys the bacteria that can cause tooth decay. Coconut oil is unique because it contains predominantly medium chain fatty acids, of which 45-50 percent is lauric acid. Lauric acid has proven anti inflammatory and antimicrobial effects.